Third Party Adoptions
Homeward Bound’s “Third Party Adoption” program is a service offered to help keep pets out of shelters; we provide promotion of the animals via our website, Facebook page, within the shelter, and newspaper listings while the pet remains in your home. We do not play any role in the adoption- all communications and agreements are between the pet owner and prospective adopters. There are no fees associated with our Third Party Adoption program, however we will happily accept donations to offset our expenses.
In order to keep the program running smoothly we ask that-
- The pet owner make an effort to be prompt in their communications with potential adopters
- The pet owner let us know when the animal has found a new home
- The pet owner be as thorough and accurate as possible in filling out the Third Party Adoption questionnaire
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about enrolling an animal in our Third Party Adoption program. For a dog application, please click here. For a cat application, please click here.
We will need high-resolution photos of the pet you are re-homing. Most cell phone pictures are not a high enough resolution to be printed in the newspaper.
- Take the photos in natural light if possible. Do NOT use the flash as it will reflect off your pet's eyes.
- Get down on their level rather than standing above them looking down.
- Use the largest image size your camera will allow.
- Pay attention to what is in the background behind your pet; the fewer things in the background, the more the eye is drawn to your pet rather than what is behind him or her.
- Try to catch your pet with happy, relaxed posture and facial expressions. Have a squeaky toy or treat on hand to get their attention and have them look at the camera.
- If the moment isn't right, try again later.
236 Boardman Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
Adoption Center Hours
Tuesday - Saturday
Open by Appointment Only