Planned Giving Program
~Leave Your Legacy to the Animals~
BUSINESS NAME & REGISTERED AGENT: ADDISON COUNTY HUMANE SOCIETY, INC.
236 BOARDMAN STREET
MIDDLEBURY, VT 05753
Making a "planned gift" to Homeward Bound is a meaningful way to carry forward your compassion and concern for animals, and a wonderful way to say thank you to every animal that has touched your life. Further, it is one of the most effective ways to ensure that Homeward Bound can continue to save lives and provide other vital services that make the Addison County a more humane community for the animals.
Homeward Bound is a 501 (c) (3) nonprofit organization, receives no government funding, and depends on financial support from its friends. Please consider us in your financial and estate planning. It is our mission to ensure that every dollar we receive is spent carefully and wisely for those in our care.
Contributions may be made in many ways that will enable you to save innocent lives and prevent suffering while receiving tax benefits.
WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE
Bequest in your will:
- Direct a specific bequest of money or an asset (i.e. stock) to Homeward Bound.
- Designate a percentage of the total value of the estate.
- Designate a residual bequest which directs that Homeward Bound receive the remainder of the estate, or a portion of the remainder, after all expenses and other bequests have been made.
- Any or all of the balance in IRA's, 401 (k) s, and other retirement savings plans can be donated to nonprofit organizations. Please consider making Homeward Bound a full or partial beneficiary.
Life Insurance Policies, Trusts, and Certificates of Deposit:
- Homeward Bound can be named as a whole or partial beneficiary under life insurance policies, trusts, and Certificates of Deposits (CDs)
Charitable Remainder Trusts & Gift Annuities:
- A CRT or CGA enables you to receive a lifetime income from an investment while receiving a tax deduction for the value of the investment donated to charity.
Join the Homeward Bound Legacy Society!
Friends who include Homeward Bound in their long-term charitable planning are recognized as members of the Homeward Bound Legacy Society. These thoughtful supporters have decided to establish a legacy of support that will help animals for years to come. If you have, or would like to include Homeward Bound in your estate plans, please contact us with information about your planned gift so that we can recognize your generosity as a Legacy Society member and, most importantly, visit with you about your wishes for your legacy gift.
We are available to work with your estate planning and financial advisor. Contact Jessica Danyow, Executive Director, for more information:
Phone: (802) 388-1100, x. 222
Tax ID #: 03-0264068