The shelter is open by appointment for adoptions, owner surrendered pets and strays. As always, we will take in strays as needed but we ask for your patience as we will only be serving one client at a time in order to respect social distancing guidelines.
Please note, our Pets in Crisis program will be open to pets living in households directly affected by COVID19 so please call to learn about this option if caring for your pet(s) starts to become a stressor for you. We can help!
Read on to understand more about what open by appointment means:
- Appointments can be scheduled between 11-4 Tuesday-Saturday
- Appointments are for adopting a specific animal in the shelter; not for visiting
- Getting to know animals available for adoption will take place through emails, photos and videos, and phone conversations with staff and foster parents
- Meeting specific cats prior to adoption can be a virtual process or can take place in our ADA-accessible cat porch and meeting specific dogs will take place outside
- Many of our adoptable animals are currently in foster homes; we are grateful to our foster parents for helping us find forever homes by sharing information, videos, and photos.
- Please call us from the parking lot when you arrive for your appointment
Please call 802-388-1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about animals available for adoption!
Click here to join Homeward Bound’s Friends of the Animals program. This program provides a reliable, steady stream of support so that animals in need – right here in Addison County- can have a second chance.
To be a community-centered shelter that supports the human-animal bond through compassionate care, adoption, education, and advocacy.
- A community that is nurturing and compassionate towards all animals.
- A community where no animal suffers from abuse or neglect.
- A community where companion animals are treated as lifelong, valued family members.