Welcome to Homeward Bound's PetCORE program (Community Outreach Resources & Education) serving under-resourced pet owners. Eligible PetCORE clients may receive parasite preventatives, supplemental pet food, low cost basic pet wellness care, and access to affordable spay/neuter surgery at Homeward Bound. Eligibility is based on provided proof of Addison County residency and proof of income equal to or less than 200% of federal poverty levels.
Paper applications are available on the front porch of the shelter or by clicking here to download. Paper applications need to be mailed or dropped off to the shelter at 236 Boardman Street, Middlebury, VT, 05753, ATTN: PetCORE, or drop it off in the secure lockbox located on the front porch. Please note, proof of residence and income are required before we can process your application. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
To qualify for Homeward Bound’s PetCORE program you must:
- Provide proof that you are an Addison County resident
- Provide proof of HOUSEHOLD income/assistance for all working adults (example: Dept. of Economic Services eligibility letter, Social Security Income letter, welfare or unemployment documentation, paystubs, proof of area agencies that are assisting you - Reach-up, SNAP, WIC, etc.)
Until this information is received, your application cannot be processed.
To be in PetCORE, you are agreeing to:
- HAVE ALL PETS (cats/dogs) SPAYED or NEUTERED according to the agreed-upon surgery appointments
- NOT TAKE IN ANY MORE PETS while receiving PetCORE assistance
- Inform Homeward Bound when there is a change in household income
- Provide us with contact information that works (email or cell number with functional voicemail)
If you are approved and enrolled in PetCORE, you will be given information about how to access the services offered through the program. Please note that we only provide basic wellness care and do not provide care for emergency needs.
***All information shared on this application will remain confidential and will not be shared with external agencies or individuals except as necessary to distribute pet food.***
236 Boardman Street
Middlebury, VT 05753