Welcome to Homeward Bound's PetCORE (Community Outreach Resources & Education) program serving under-resourced pet owners. PetCORE clients may receive parasite preventatives, supplemental food, affordable pet wellness care, and facilitated access to affordable spay/neuter services through PetCORE. Eligibility is based on proof of Addison County residency and proof of income equal to or less than 200% of federal poverty levels is required.
Paper applications are available on the front porch of the shelter at 236 Boardman street or by clicking here to download. Paper applications need to be mailed to 236 Boardman Street, Middlebury, VT 05753 ATTN: PetCORE or drop it off in the secure mailbox located on the front porch. Please note eligibility requirements and submit your proof of income or we cannot process your application. Once notified that you are approved and enrolled in PetCORE, we will contact you via phone or email to schedule your services.
To qualify for Homeward Bound’s PetCORE program you must:
- Provide proof that you are an Addison County resident
- Provide proof of HOUSEHOLD income/assistance for all working adults (example: Dept. of Economic Services eligibility letter, Social Security Income letter, welfare or unemployment documentation, paystubs, proof of area agencies that are assisting you - Reach-up, SNAP, WIC, etc.)
Until this information is received, your application cannot be processed.
You will also agree to:
- HAVE ALL PETS SPAYED or NEUTERED according to the agreed-upon surgery appointments
- NOT TAKE IN ANY MORE PETS while receiving PetCORE assistance
- Inform Homeward Bound if the household income changes such that assistance is no longer needed
- Provide us with contact information that works (email or cell number with functional voicemail)
Once notified that you are approved and enrolled in PetCORE, a volunteer will contact you to schedule your first services. Future services will be your responsibility to schedule.
PLEASE NOTE: All information shared on this application will remain confidential and will not be shared with external agencies or individuals except as necessary to distribute pet food.
236 Boardman Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
Adoption Center Hours
Monday - Saturday
Open by Appointment Only