Welcome to Homeward Bound’s PetCORE (Community Outreach Resources & Education) program serving under-resourced pet owners. PetCORE clients may receive parasite preventatives, supplemental food, affordable pet wellness care, and facilitated access to affordable spay/neuter services through PetCORE. Eligibility is based on proof of Addison County residency and proof of income equal to or less than 200% of federal poverty levels is required.
Paper applications are available on the front porch of the shelter at 236 Boardman street or by clicking here to download. Paper applications need to be mailed to 236 Boardman Street, Middlebury, VT 05753 ATTN: PetCORE or drop it off in the secure mailbox located on the front porch. Please note eligibility requirements and submit your proof of income or we cannot process your application. Once notified that you are approved and enrolled in PetCORE, we will contact you via phone or email to schedule your services. PLEASE NOTE: All information shared on this application will remain confidential and will not be shared with external agencies or individuals except as necessary to distribute food.
- Provide proof of Addison County residency
- Provide proof of limited income (Dept. of Economic Services eligibility letter, Social Security Income, Pay Stub)
- Agree to work with Homeward Bound to have all pets spayed/neutered
- Agree not to acquire any more pets while receiving Pet CORE assistance
- Agree to inform Homeward Bound if financial status changes such that assistance is no longer needed
- Provide us with working contact information (email or cell number with functional voicemail)
236 Boardman Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
Adoption Center Hours
Tuesday - Saturday
Open by Appointment Only