Maddie’s Fund Pet Adoption Days
Tips to get the most out of Maddie’s Fund Pet Adoption Days
- Maddie’s Pet Adoption Days takes place on Saturday, May 31st and Sunday, June 1st from 10am – 5pm (rain or shine!)
- 12 Vermont shelters are participating in this event (the list can be found online at adopt.maddiesfund.org/Vermont
- This is a free cat and dog adoption event only
- First-come, first-served
- Please be prepared to wait in long lines (wear comfortable shoes and proper attire for standing outside, rain or shine!).
- All potential adopters will be required to fill out an Adoption Questionnaire (which can be done on-site or beforehand by downloading this document from our website at: http://homewardboundanimals.org/animals-adoption/how-to-adopt/
- We highly recommend working with your Matchmaker to find the right match for you and your family. These staff and volunteers know our animals the best and want to help you find the most suitable new companion!
- Any dog adopter who currently has a dog at home should bring them to the event. We will hold dog-to-dog introductions as a part of the pre-adoption process. When you first enter the shelter to meet prospective dogs, please give your dog to a Homeward Bound volunteer to safely hold for you and then you can get him or her when you are ready to do the dog to dog introductions!
- Please be prepared to bring your new pet home on the day of the event; cats will need to be in carriers, dogs will need to be on a leash.
- We thank you in advance for your patience during this exciting event!
236 Boardman Street
Middlebury, VT 05753
Adoption Center Hours
Tuesday - Saturday
Open by Appointment Only